- Purchase Team Materials from Destination ImagiNation, Inc. - - Purchase a Team Materials on line at Shop DI OR request an application form from the State Director. Choose the size of Team Pak you plan to buy. You may renew or apply for a new team pak. (If you are renewing it is best to use the same school/sponsoring organization name(s) you used last year. All teams will be issued new Team numbers this year.)
- The fee for a single team is $95. Each additional team for a school, district, or organization will be $80 each. These fees are paid to Destination ImagiNation, Inc. You must purchase a team number before you can download any of the Challenges, Rules of the Road, or Guides.
- Check out Shop DI for additional materials to help team managers with team management and Instant Challenges.
- Recruit Team Managers and form teams. Team Managers can be anyone - parents, teachers, and community members. Training materials and workshops are available.
- Once teams are formed they choose a challenge, work on finding a solution to the long term challenge, and pactice solving instant challenges.
Benefits of a DI
- Easy to administer
- Low cost. A single team fee is $95 for one team and each additional team is $80. The State Tournament and Event Fee is $100 per team. Parents usually pay a participation fee for their child to help cover the state fee.
- High academic achievement is not essential for successful participation.
- DI is more than a competition. Teams receive complete copies of the Challenges and Guide books, as well as online access to download them from the internet. The challenge materials can also help integrate creative problem solving into the classroom.
Even young students (K-2) can participate on a non-competitive basis.
What Do You Get for Your Money
Destination ImagiNation Team Material Fees
(Paid to Destination ImagiNation™)
$95 for 1 team
Additional teams for a school, district, or organization
will be $80.
- A hard copy and a CD with all program materials (PC and Mac Compatible)
- All six challenges plus the Non-competitive Challenge
- Rule book
- Team Manager and Coordinator Guides
- Access to Challenge Clarifications
- DI E-Newsletter
- Opportunity for each team to participate in a Regional Competition.
(paid to Montana Creativity Quest)
Team Registration =$100 for teams registered after December 15
$70 Early Bird Discount Fee for teams and appraisers registered
by December 15.
All Registrations and Fees are due by January 15.
- Participation in Regional Events (Workshops and Tournaments)
- Team Manager Trainings
- Appraiser (Judges) Trainings
- State Newsletter with articles about creativity, Instant Challenges, Team Building Activities and News about Montana DI.
- Access to Regional Loan Library of Resource Materials
- Mailings from Regional and State offices
- Awards and Certificates
- Year-round DI information and resources.
- Participation in State Competition.